Senior Legal Counsel
Paloma joined Deminor as a Spanish-qualified lawyer in 2022.
- Assessment of litigation funding opportunities in international arbitration and commercial litigation.
- Promoting and managing Spanish and Latin American cases in the three core business areas of Deminor: Investment Recovery, Antitrust Damages and Commercial Litigation.
Previous work experience
- In-house Counsel, Legal Operations Department, Tecnicas Reunidas, Madrid (Spain), 2020-2022.
- Lawyer, Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer, Litigation and Arbitration department, Madrid (Spain), 2019-2020.
- Lawyer, Pérez-Llorca, Litigation and Arbitration department, Madrid (Spain), 2015-2019.
- Master’s in Legal Practice, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, Madrid (Spain), 2013-2015.
Bachelor´s Degree in Law, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, Madrid (Spain), 2009-2013.
- “Waivers of Sovereign Immunities in Enforcement Proceedings and the 1958 NY Convention” (Wolters Kluwer. February 2019).
- “Awaiting a decision on the compatibility of Investor-Sate dispute settlement with EU Law” (IBA Arbitration Newsletter. February 2018).
- Contributor to “Principios básicos de la Ley Española de Arbitraje” (Thomson Reuters – Aranzadi, 1st ed. 2019).
- Contributor to “Código de Arbitraje” (Thomson Reuters – Aranzadi, 1st ed. 2018).
- Coach of the Universidad Carlos III de Madrid Team for the Moot Madrid (13th and 14th edition).
- Professor in Private Contracts, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid (2019) and Universidad Pontificia de Comillas – ICADE (2020).
- Nova 111 List Spain: included in the list as one of the top 10 professionals under 35 with the highest potential in the category of Legal Services.
- Spanish (native).
- English (advanced).